We're a small company, so we're light on process and naturally agile; however, we absolutely understand and value the importance of having a rock-solid, well-written code-base; so you’ll come pre-loaded with lots of good ideas!
You should be able to work independently and as part of the dev team to maintain existing projects and develop new exciting products and services. You'll be guiding the implementation, so you should be abreast of new technologies.
You should have excellent communication skills; don't worry, there's no requirement to give a TED talk - but you should be happy to effectively discuss technical concepts with the team.
Who are we?
We're Rock 7 - we design and manufacture satellite tracking products and services.
Our products are truly global and provide tracking & communications capabilities to: governments, oceanic yacht races, journalists in war zones, elephants, drones, cubesats, icebergs and oil-wells (and everything in between).
Behind our excellent hardware sits our core management platform, which handles all of our data processing, visualisation, billing and reporting functions.
We also support our sister-company (YB Tracking) to deliver an award-winning online race viewer for tracking events (yachting, car rallies, extreme adventures) across three platforms (web, Android and iOS).
- We work on truly unique projects and technology
- Open minded team; constantly striving to make the wheel rounder.
- Bright, open plan office, standing desks.
- Healthy hardware budgets
- Exquisite coffee
- Opportunity to work flexibly
- Competitive salary
- Autonomous, self-motivated
- Passion for learning/discovering new technology
- Articulate communicator, with succinct verbal capabilities
- Excellent problem solving "can-do" attitude
- Sense of humour
- 5+ Years full-stack experience at small/medium sized company
- Excellent computer science principles (Software, Internet, Networking)
- Solid grasp of OOP, software architecture, design best practices/patterns
- Ability to independently: design, develop, test and maintain webapps
- Superb debugging and problem solving skills
- Serverside Java (7/8) - Tomcat, Maven, Guava
- Database Expertise (MySQL) - query optimisation, schema design
- Effective source control usage (Git, GitHub)
- Basic Linux administration (Debian)